Workplace Health & Safety Policy
At Cappello Hydraulics & Civil our health safety, environment and community responsibilities are integral to the way we do business.
We are committed to the effective implementation of our WHS Policy and to continual improvement in our WHS Performance.
We aspire to zero harm within our workplaces. Our fundamental belief is that all injuries can be prevented. Responsibility starts with each one of us, and as such we will consult with our employees in decisions that affect workplace health and safety.
To meet our WHS commitments under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 and Work Health and Safety Regulations 2011, we will set measurable objectives and targets. We will develop, implement and maintain effective management systems, and comply with relevant industry standards and legal requirements. Our principal objectives are to:
- provide a safe place of work for all employees of the company, contractors and members of the public during the course of our activities;
- provide staff and contractors with guidance on and training in the identification, assessment and control of hazards in the workplace and disseminate WHS information to employees, contractors and visitors to our workplaces;
- provide and maintain safe plant, equipment and systems of work, including safe storage and handling of hazardous substances;
- consult with employees and contractors on WHS issues and enable them to contribute to decisions that may affect their health, safety and welfare at work;
- engage our stakeholders to build relationships based on honesty, openness and mutual trust and share responsibility for meeting the goals of our WHS policy;
- promote and foster a supportive and safe occupational culture and ensure that employees and contractors are aware of their responsibilities for WHS in areas under their control;
- record any specific issues and hazards identified during the planning stages for each project by carrying out a risk analysis and incorporating responsibilities, processes and controls to eliminate or manage these risks and hazards;
- ensure that safety standards required for each project are met and compliance is attained from commencement until the completion of the project, by having each contractor submitting risk assessments, induction certificates, and applicable SWMS prior to work commencing;
- investigate the cause and take corrective action for every incident regardless of whether it has caused injury or not; and
- regularly measure, publish and continuously improve our safety performance.
The co-operation of all employees and contractorâ€™s on Cappello Hydraulics & Civil sites is required as a contribution to health, safety and the implementation of this policy. This policy will be reviewed annually in consultation with employees.